Welcome to The Potter's House Christian Fellowship Church of La Mesa
"Where Jesus Christ is Still Changing Lives"
We are excited to announce that as of May 31st, our church will be able to return to meeting during normal service times. In order to reopen safely, our church will be abiding by the current health restrictions imposed by COVID-19 as follows:
-Anyone exhibiting symptoms of illness (especially coughing and/or fever) is encouraged to continue to join us online only.
-A health check station will be available at the entrance of our church. Everyone entering the building will have their temperatures checked.
-Face coverings will be required for everyone 3 years of age and up. Please provide your own face covering as our supplies may be limited.
-Hand sanitizer will be provided.
-Nursery and Children's Services will remain unavailable at this time.
Please note: We will continue to offer online services via zoom for those unable or uncomfortable attending services at this time. Church Services and Bible Studies will be held at regularly scheduled times.
Please click the provided link to join our services and studies and/or call or text Pastor Alvin at: (619)916-8273.
Our next services:
Sunday, May 31, 2020
For best results, download the Zoom app
About Our Church
Foundations of our Fellowship
Our local church here in La Mesa, California was planted out of Tempe, Arizona in 2015. Currently, our leadership church is in Clairemont, California. We are a part of a world-wide fellowship of churches, called Christian Fellowship Ministries, that began in Prescott, Arizona in 1970.
Christian Fellowship Ministries is a National and International Fellowship of over 2800 churches in 125+ nations. Our belief is to reach the ends of the earth for souls to be saved in Jesus Christ through one on one evangelism, outreaches, concert scenes, bibles studies, street preaching and church planting.
The vision of Christian Fellowship Ministries is to fulfill Jesus’ Great Commission in Mark 16:15 “Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every person.” To achieve this, the foundations of our Fellowship can be summed up as: Changing Lives - Making Disciples - Reaching the World
To accomplish that vision, each local church has the privilege and responsibility of reaching out into their community with the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ. We do that through various means of outreach on a weekly basis.
We also gather together regularly for Holy Ghost-filled services where the unadulterated Word of God is preached that has the ability to save our souls (James 1:21).
Each local church is called to be a discipleship center where men learn from another man how to be a man of God and catch a vision for their own destinies in God. Discipleship is the backbone of our fellowship.
Lastly, we believe that God has ordained and called each local body to have an expression in world evangelism. Through both the sending and financing of national and international workers into the harvest field.
Sundays and Wednesdays
Morning Services 10:30am
Evening Services 6:00pm
Midweek Services 7:00 pm
Prayer one hour before all evening services.
Note: Church Services are temporarily online only. Please click the link above to join.
Fridays at 7:00 pm
Our home Bible studies are a great way to learn more about the Word of God and to spend time with the family of God. It's also a great time to ask questions in a comfortable home setting.
Note: Bible Studies are temporarily online only. Please click the link above to join.
Sundays at 6 pm
Our Faith Roots program inspires children to learn about the nature of God, to relate with characters and stories of the Bible, and to memorize scriptures. For children ages 3 to 14.
"Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."
About The Pastor
My name is Alvin Malan and I would like to share what Jesus has done in my life.
My parents migrated from Iraq to America before I was born, making me a first generation American born Chaldean.
My siblings and I were raised to be hardcore Catholics, but it was more of a social status than a lifestyle. Outside of Mass services, our home was best described as dysfunctional. My father viciously abused my mother in front of us kids, and then turned on us with malicious forms of “discipline”. It was clear that religion had done nothing for my family, however, Catholicism was embedded into our culture and we were taught not to compromise this principle.
At age 16, I had finally had enough. I moved out of my parents’ house and decided I knew what was best and could do better on my own. Soon after, I had my first child, a son. As proud as I was to have started my own family, I couldn’t tear myself away from the party scene. I found myself associated with bad influences and addicted to alcohol and partying.
Very quickly, I became the person I was trying to get away from: my father. I had become an abusive alcoholic. Anger and guilt and thoughts of suicide plagued me. I tried to ignore it, but the shame and misery would not subside.
I was 23 years old, broken down, miserable, and on the verge of suicide when God extended His grace to me. I remember sitting at my desk at work; sleeping, depressed; when a rival work associate stopped by my desk and dropped a flyer into my hand. It was a flyer for a revival at The Potter’s House Church. I wasn’t sure why, but I felt drawn to go. I know now that that was the Holy Spirit.
The first service I attended, I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart as my Lord and Savior. God took my life; consumed with drug addiction, alcohol, immorality, anger, bitterness, loneliness, and depression; and turned it into a life of redemption, restoration, true love, joy, peace, and fulfillment. Jesus peeled away the sting of sin and corruption and transformed me and gave me a destiny. I was no longer bound by the chains of my childhood pain, by the strongholds of my religious Catholic background, or by the shackles of my guilt. I was free to know the one true God who loves me and wants a personal relationship with me!
“And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.”
God has since blessed me with a wonderful wife and 3 more children, and more importantly, He has given me the promise of eternal life. Instead of me going to Hell for the sins I’ve committed, Jesus took the punishment of my sin and died in my place. Because of His sacrifice and resurrection from the dead, my life has been restored and I know that when I die, Heaven will be my home. And Jesus can do the same for you. Accept the gift of salvation today, don’t wait!
If you would like to ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart and receive the gift of salvation, pray the sinners’ prayer:
"Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and that I cannot save myself. I gratefully receive your gift of salvation. I am ready to trust you and receive you as my Lord and my Savior. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for coming to earth. I believe you are the Son of God who died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead on the third day. Thank you for bearing my sins and giving me the gift of eternal life. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. Amen."
Today my wife and I are pastoring a new church here in La Mesa, California. Our church is a wonderful congregation and family, and we’d love to have you join us! It would be our privilege to help you serve Jesus in any way possible.
What We Believe
Statement of Faith for Christian Fellowship Ministries
• There is only one God, and that He is eternally existent in Three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• God the Father is the Creator of the universe. He created man in His own image for fellowship, and called man back to Himself through Christ after the rebellion and fall of man.
• Jesus Christ is eternally God. He was together with the Father and the Holy Spirit from the beginning, and through Him all things were made. He left Heaven and became incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the Virgin Mary; henceforth, He is forever one Christ with two natures--God and man--in one Person.
• The Holy Spirit is God, the Lord, and giver of life, who was active in the Old Testament, and given to the Church in fullness at Pentecost. He empowers the saints for service and witness, cleanses man from the old nature, and conforms us to the image of Christ.
• The baptism in the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues, subsequent to conversion, releases the fullness of the Spirit, and is evidenced by the fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit.
• In the Bible containing the Old and New Testament is alone the only infallible, inspired Word of God, and that its authority is ultimate, final, and eternal. It cannot be added to, subtracted from, or superseded in any regard. The Bible is the source of all doctrine, instruction, correction, and reproof. It contains all that is needed for guidance in godliness and practical Christian conduct.
• Christ's vicarious death on the cross paid the penalty for the sins of the whole world. Its benefits of healing (body, soul, and spirit) are provided for in the atonement as well.
• That salvation is a free gift of God, based on the merits of the death of His Son, and is appropriated by faith. Salvation is affected by person repentance, belief in the Lord Jesus (justification), and personal acceptance of Him into one's life as Lord and Savior (regeneration).
• The Christian life is to be one of consecration, devotion, and holiness. The shortcomings of the individual are because of the still progressing sanctification of the saints. The Christian life is filled with trials, tests, and warfare against a spiritual enemy. For those abiding in Christ until their deaths or His return, the promises of eternal blessing in the presence of God are assured.
• The Church is the Body of Christ, the habitation of God among the saints through the Spirit. Every believer born of the Spirit has a place in the church designated by God. A place where Christ is working in the lives of the called out ones and calling ministers to the great commission to go into all the world and make disciples of every nation.
• In the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord's Supper. Baptism is the outward sign of what God has already done in the individual's life and is a public testimony that the person now belongs to Christ. It is identifying with the death and resurrection of Jesus and is done in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Lord's Supper is a commemoration of the death of the Lord and is done in remembrance of Him until He comes again; it is a sign of our participation in Him.
• In the bodily, personal, second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, the resurrection of the saints, the millennium, and the final judgment. The final judgment will determine the eternal status of both the saints and the unbelievers, determined by their relationship to Jesus Christ.
7151 El Cajon Blvd Ste O, San Diego, CA 92115, USA